• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 vin?

hwcurtice

So, another question about the M1009. I do know VIN are year specific. The last six are just the number for where the rig was in line on assembly.

What about the other? What would be a valid VIN for the years they produced the M1009, mid 80's?

I saw these for the three years I believe they produced them:
1984: 1G8ED18J7EF
1985: 1G8ED18J1FF
1986: 1G8ED18J6GF & 1G8ED18J7GF

Oh and this one which I'm not sure what year it is: 1G8ED18J5GF

I think I can trust them. they do come from a somewhat reputable site. Are there others?

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting, the Blazer doesn't show up on any of those...
Of course it does. The 7th characer denotes body type. In the legend for body type the number 8 refers to blazer/jimmy bodies. It's the 10th character that indicates model year.

hwcurtice

I'm still waiting for the guy to get back to me with the correct VIN.

It may be a steal of a deal, but if I can't prove ownership, it's just rolling parts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks