• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 vs. M1008...

DavidJBlythe

All,

Would a good running M1009 in decent shape be a fair trade for an M1008 with those same features? Is one more costly than the other?

The guy over at GL Ft Meade said that everyone wants the blazers, while the other trucks get much less love. Anyways, let me know. I'm considering getting rid of my 9 for an 8, so I'd like your insight.

-David

TyJustice

I think your asking the wrong question.

If one is none, Then two is one...Or something like that!

Get both and stop asking such pointless questions. :wink:

:beer:

I think of all the CUCV's made; M1008 and M1028's probably make up around 2/3rds of that. The remaining 1/3rd are M1010, M1031, and M1009's.

But really it's up to you and what you need. For passengers and general daily-driver/highway use; the M1009 is a better option. For hauling, messy hauling (mulch, dirt & rocks) and pulling; the 1008 is by far the better choice. (M1009's 3.08 gear ratio VS M1008's 4.56 ratio). Or simplify it what do you need more an SUV or a pickup?

DavidJBlythe

Originally I wanted the blazer for off-roading and such, but I've had to use it so many times to haul stuff and tow things, that I think I should have gone with the M1008.

M1031CMT

M1008 are generally worth more than M1009's as they are more in demand as work trucks. Both are good trucks though.

But if you have an M1009 and someone is willing to trade you an M1008 for it, I think that is a very good deal (as long as it is in good shape).

We have pretty much every variant (M1008, M1009, M1010, M1031) and personally I prefer the pickup trucks over the SUV mainly due to the need for towing.

Last edited:

Ghost Fox

They both have pros and cons. I like the 1009 just because it can be driven on the highway and has all that room so you could take it camping. the 1008 seems stronger though

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what TyJustice said

you DO actually need both of them... I know, I know - an expense that is hard to swallow, but you would then have the ability to tow one with the other - use one to jump the other to start and to use one against the other as a polish blue print

DrJekl

I would like to have a M1009 with a cap on it that made it into a pick up, M1028 axles, 205 case and a gear vendor in it. That way I'd have the truck, the better ride (IMO anyway) of the M1009, buckets, towing capability as well as good on the highway.

Depends on what you want to do and the condition. The trucks have $1500 worth of axles under them, M1009 has $150 worth of axles. Pick up bed versus a back seat. 20 MPG versus 13.

stampy

I agree with both. I lean towards the m1009 I get daily driver usage out of my m1009 and can tow and load stuff in it. If I had a real heavy load I would use a m1008 but the 09 is fine for wheeling also as long as you have good tires and a good driver. You can camp out in a 09 without any prep also...just park and jump in the back seat...a plus when it's raining or frigid outside.2cents