• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 -- What do I have here?

rhinob

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me more about what I have here. 1985 M1009 Blazer with 51, 500 miles. Clean, no rust. Seats in perfect shape, and clearly babied. Never had radios or antennae mounts. Single star on front and rear bumpers.

See photos. Any feed back welcome....

Thanks!

Attachments

13 MIKE

Looks like a nice clean truck. The only thing i see is no brush guard, it still looks good though, congrats. My 1009 has the stars also.

Pawnshop

Missing the lifting shackles, grill guard, bridge plate, pintle hook and trailer socket. The grill looks like it is either a modified K5 Civilian version or someone glued a chromed civi emblem on it, and added a chrome civi rear window crank. Other than the missing parts it looks good! What does the interior look like?

OL AG '89

:ditto:

Nice truck.... Very clean just hope its not masking bigger problems...
have you done the proper PMCS on it yet?

search the threads for the TM's and get to it....
Only way to know what you REALLY have.....

remember a pig playing golf is really just a pig playing golf....!!

Pawnshop

And: the black star is the National Symbol, all US Army vehicles and trailers have that if they are painted properly. It is NOT an indication that a General used the vehicle...

OL AG '89

Pawnshop,

I have the star on front and rear of mine as well and I guarantee a general used it.....
maybe not while a general, possibilty a Lt. or Captain or Major...... but.....8)

rhinob

Thanks for all of the replies.

The interior is clean, but the carpet was installed by the former owners grandson and will soon see the dumpster.

The chrome Chevy emblem and rear handle were installed by the previous owner and will be corrected.

Brush guard, lift shackles, bridge plate, pintle, trailer socket, etc. will all be installed. I'd like to be able to tow with it. Suggestions for finding this stuff are always helpful and appreciated. Will check Ebay for the grille guard.

Thanks much....

Biggles

carpet? eeeeeeew well at least it's an easy fix. easier to take things off that don't belong than to put things back on that have gone missing.

rhinob

I'm not familiar with the paint codes. The hood was replace by the previous owner since something fell on it before he got it (Pre GovLiquidation). I'd like to paint it green and freshen up the rest with proper colors.

Last edited:

CycleJay

Re: M1009 - What do I have here?

I'm not familiar with the paint codes. The hood was replace by the previous owner since something fell on it before he got it (Pre GovLiquidation). I'd like ot paint it green and freshen up the rest with proper colors.
Hello Rhinob,

Welcome to the site.
And Congrats on getting such a great truck/blazer.

I got one last month and been very please with it so far.

If you want the paint codes, talk with one of the members here named: cjtroutt
He gave me the proper paint codes for the paint you want too.

I have a 1985 M1009, and I want to paint it with the correct color green like you,
so he gave me the codes for the CARC version of that color paint.

So if you ask him, he will probably give them to you too.

I also plan on fully restoring mine, as I can afford it and find the correct/original parts.

Have a good day,

CJ

rhinob

Will not fret! Thanks much. I will find the colors and tidy up the hood.

Anyone know if a 33x12.5R15 will fit the stock rims? I would like to fill the wheel wells a bit, but not lift it.

rhinob

PM done. BFG A/T's, shackles, brush guard, and pintel hook installed. Chevy emblem painted, license plate moved. I still need a bridge plate and light above the rear license plate. Shackles are from a local truck supply shop and made in the USA.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks