• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 What Part is this???

Chevybrit

Anyone tell me what this is called and where does the vaccum pipe go that comes off that right angle fitting??

So you know roughly where it is ..

45.jpg

46.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an original install.

My suggestion is to actually follow the hose to see where it goes.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you find where the wire to it comes from?

Last edited:

Chevybrit

The real question i have is the right angled vaccum fitting to it was broken .. if that's connected back to the vaccum pump could it be effecting the pressure down to the modulator and in turn causing my lack of shifting into 3rd issue?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, definately

Chevybrit

Ok so i followed the wire back from the vaccum switch and its connected to the AC compressor

AC compressor.jpg

There's no belt on it so not sure if its working but the PPO did the install... I'll get around to it at some point in the spring i guess...renovating a house this winter so this is the last bit of free time to mess with this Truck before it gets put to work log skidding clearing some woods and some general abuse ..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that makes sense now! Probably switches a door for air.

I didn't know you had ac.

Ive seen a few cucvs with dealer installed ac.

Skinny

I wonder if it cuts the ac clutch when you hit a certain throttle angle. Does it T in anywhere on the transmission vacuum modulator system on the side of the injection pump?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an electric ac clutch(can see the wire).

Skinny

Pretty much every AC system has a clutch cut off at or near wide open throttle since you are commanding maximum engine power. Since the IP is non-electronic, the AC system needs some way of cutting the clutch off at WOT. I wonder if this is a way for modulator vacuum to signal that the engine is under full throttle without using any fancy computers.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He said the hose went into the cab through the firewall.

I'd bet it operates and air door for the cooling air.

Skinny

Could be

My Suburban has a bunch of vacuum operated doors between the AC and rear climate control. That would make sense if the hose goes into the cab then.

Drock

From the pic it doesn't look like a factory AC air box. I'm betting this is a (Nostalgic AC Kit). I've seen some M1010's on the government auctions that were retrofitted with them buy the military.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, M1010s had an ac compressor mounted on the engine. All of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks