• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 wheel stud size question

Thatwisebeardedguy

Hi all,

I've seen hints here and there, but not anything definitive. I'm looking for new lug nuts for my M1009 (the previous owner had a mismatched set) but I can't seem to find anything indicating a definite size for the wheel stud. What I've found at NAPA and Autozone say it's a 7/16 -20 x 1.5 stud, but I don't know if that carries over from the civilian Blazer that they'd have listed to the M1009 or not. I saw a thread where one guy said lug nuts from Blazer to M1009 are the same, but I'm hoping for a bit more than one thread to convince me. So, can anyone let me know?

As a side note, if I can upgrade to bigger studs I'd like to go that route as 7/16 studs seem a little wheezy to me.

Thanks in advance!

cucvrus

Now that you mention it the 2WD 1/2 ton back in the same vintage as the CUCV had 1/2" studs. They were 5 lug. And then back in the 60"s the 2WD and 4 WD 1/2 tons shared the same 6 lug wheels with 7/16" studs as everything that was 6 lug. Seems very logical to me. Now we are back to 6 lug again on the 1/2 ton GM pick up. I have 17" wheels on my new truck. They won't fit on an old Chevy. I think the centering is different. Metric centering. But the fit on the hub. Just tuck under the truck to far to steer. A bit off topic but on base and within range of the conversation. Have a great day. Blue moon coming at the end of the month.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that you mention it the 2WD 1/2 ton back in the same vintage as the CUCV had 1/2" studs. They were 5 lug. And then back in the 60"s the 2WD and 4 WD 1/2 tons shared the same 6 lug wheels with 7/16" studs as everything that was 6 lug. Seems very logical to me. Now we are back to 6 lug again on the 1/2 ton GM pick up. I have 17" wheels on my new truck. They won't fit on an old Chevy. I think the centering is different. Metric centering. But the fit on the hub. Just tuck under the truck to far to steer. A bit off topic but on base and within range of the conversation. Have a great day. Blue moon coming at the end of the month.
And the 5 lug rotors were the same bolt pattern as full size chevy cars. Lower load rating than the 6 lug.