• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009: Winch recommendations / ideas?

K9Vic

I agree on the HF 12000lb winch as I have one on my M1031 and Suburban CUCV clone. I have pulled out a RAM 1500 from a ditch with my previous M1009 with no issues. You can usually get the 12k for $299 during the sidewalk sale, or a 20% coupon will get you close to that.

lostnbfe

I'm modeling mine after this guys setup. Even got the same Warn 9.5TI winch and Warn cradle. Not sure how he got his mounting points on the front and rear to line up. Mine have a 6" difference between the shackle points. So I will have to figure up a way to have them adjust. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flypFgBeg9w

Last edited:

richingalveston

He just thinks it will go on the back, he obviously has never tried to put it on the back. His mounts to the cradle were welded so no way it is interchangeable. It is a good setup for the front, for all the time spent on the mount, installing a front receiver would be just as easy.

richingalveston

Here is my setup for the front and will go to the back as soon as I get the rear receiver hitch.
If you can fab up the front cradle, you can do what I did.
The winch is a 12,000 lb mile marker.

Attachments

edpdx

Look around on this forum, seems there was a guy with a trick WARN that went in between and behind the front bumper mounts. He explained it pretty well IIRC. I've got that project on the short list. Just before #7: Add bottom thrusters from a Harrier Jet for easier parking, and those pesky gated roads during hunting season.:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks