• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Winch

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
There is member on this forum that lives in Germany and has it mounted directly to the cross member under the engine with the fairlead mounted in the bumper IIRC. Looked like a slick set up. I think pieces of angle iron were used as mounts, there were pics from a post about the subject a couple of weeks ago.

maritimer

i just mounted a winchon mine the other day .
behind the bumper of miner where the plate goes is a front pintle mount hard to explain but will post some pics later when i got some daylight to take them, what i did was fab a bracket /mounting plate out of 1/4" plate and 2x4 square tubing bolted it to the pintle mount then bolted the winch mount to it and welded side members to the brush gaurd from the fabed mount. again when i get some daylight i will post some pics