• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 - Winshield wiper blades not touching glass to clean - bend or reset?

I_Publius

I had not driven my CUCV in the rain/ice until this week and when I went to turn on the wipers I found that the passenger side blade is not touching the glass when it moves. It may be touching a little bit, but not enough to clean the glass or keep the rain off the windshield on the passenger side, at all.

Does anyone have any tips for how to get that resolved?

I thought of trying to bend everything and "force" it to work, but I sure would hate to mess up the wiper arms.

Any other suggestions?

I_Publius

yep...replaced the blades. I tried the original size called for and then the 18" blades. It may be that the 18" blades are not fitting. I'll check that again before looking at replace the wiper.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I had to gently bend the driver's side wiper arm on mine so there was a little more pressure on the glass. Works fine now, I've got 18" blades on it as well.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You Texans must head north more often. In upstate NY we don't even use or wipers on a cold winter day.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You must still be in a drought alert done there. If so I'll send some fresh snow down to you; I do accept PayPal