• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 wiper speed ?????

CROM

Sounds like you need a new wiper motor, if it is slow/struggling at all settings. You can pull one out of any K5 blazer at a junkyard for cheap. I'm sure replacement is in the manuals.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also check for binding of the linkage.
As stated in the above post, you can pull one from any GM truck of that era.
I'd suggest finding a truck with the wiper motor without the washer pump and getting the separate washer
fluid tank with the internal pump. Much more reliable.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i found out of your truck does not have enough voltage aka in the green on the volt meter when the tuck is running the wiper motor won't go fast enough

Midnight

Unplug the connector with the 3 chokes on it and plug the connector from the trucks wiring harness directly into the wiper motor. Worked for me.
your the man , that fixed mine!! had already replaced the wiper motor , but i guess ill just leave it in since its already done

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks