• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 won't start

aaumiller

Problem started a few weeks back, truck took a few extra seconds to turn over. thats it. ran normal for about a week, recently the truck wouldn't start at all i checked the fuel pressure its good and glow plugs look fine. i let it sit for a week got two brand new battories and still wouldn't turn over (now comes the key information) there is compression because as it tries to start i see white smoke, and my friend swapped the 12v relay on the bottom right of the fuse box by the break pedal, after that it started no problem:driver:. Today (the day after swapping that out) it won't start i put a new relay in and nothing... Any help is appreciated.:cry:
:lost:

Last edited by a moderator:

ltcray

If the starter turns the motor.....Id say you might have air in your water seperator- its gotten me before- I run a small tube from the top nipple into a jar wit a little diesel in it- just like bleeding brakes- then start cranking til no more air comes thru- otherwise, check your glowplug relay- midpoint on the firewall

aaumiller

If the starter turns the motor.....Id say you might have air in your water seperator- its gotten me before- I run a small tube from the top nipple into a jar wit a little diesel in it- just like bleeding brakes- then start cranking til no more air comes thru- otherwise, check your glowplug relay- midpoint on the firewall
Any links to this and/or the glow plug relay?

rsh4364

If you scroll to the top you can use search for 1009 wont start,or scroll down to bottom and view similar threads.Tons of good info. on this subject,and easy to find.