• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 wont turn off

trooper632

last night when I turn the key to the off position on the m1009, nothing happened. I had to pull the pink wire on the injection pump to kill the engine. Also with the key in the off postition, the wait and gen 2 light stayed on, Is the ignition switch bad or what, I had to pull off the neg battery ground off the front battery for the gen 2 light to go out but when the cable was put back on the only light that still remains on is the wait to start light, the truck starts just fine but wont turn off, what gives

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
31. WILL NOT SHUT OFF USING KEY
NOTE
Ground wire for ignition switch goes to top of parking brake bracket. If
ground wire is broke, engine will not shut off if light switch is on.​
Step 1. With engine at idle, pinch flexible part of the fuel return line at fuel injector pump to​
stop engine. Notify your supervisor.

salt6

31. WILL NOT SHUT OFF USING KEY​

NOTE
Ground wire for ignition switch goes to top of parking brake bracket. If
ground wire is broke, engine will not shut off if light switch is on.
Step 1. With engine at idle, pinch flexible part of the fuel return line at fuel injector pump to

stop engine. Notify your supervisor.

This is how I had to stop my truck when I first fire it up. I cleaned the ground bracket and the clip on the end of the wire above the emergency brake and everything is working fine now. So follow the motto "clean it if it's eletrical" is good advice.

TarpleyJ

This is how I had to stop my truck when I first fire it up. I cleaned the ground bracket and the clip on the end of the wire above the emergency brake and everything is working fine now. So follow the motto "clean it if it's eletrical" is good advice.
Could you add a picture of the location of the wire?