• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Worth the Price?

wspicka

I recently found 85 M1009 for sale in MD. The owner bought it 2 years ago from the Fort Meade DRMO. It has approx 61k, the origional 24 volt ignition. He has done some limited work on the alternators, glow plug pump and other minor engine work. The body is OK with some rust in the floor pans and also were the antenna mounts used t o be. The asking price is $5,400 which seems high to me but I have limited experience with this particular military vehicle. What our the thoughts of the forum? Thanks ~ Bill

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, that's a bit much. I sold my M1009 with a perfect body (after I cut all the cancer out and replaced with real metal parts) and fresh paint for $2700. It needed tires, batteries, and a few other odds and ends to be real nice.

I'd say $3500 to $4000 would be a good deal on that one.

The CUCV's on this site (http://alfaheaven.com/Military Section/TrkCvrPage.html ) are sweet Desert Deuce!!

gasser

Yeah, it was manufactured in spring of '86 - if I can remember the door tag right. The M1009 I am keeping, is a early 86 - that was manufactured on 8/85 .

-graham

MVtrucker

My originals got ripped up by my Malinois dog and I could not find replacements, so I called Judy at New Life Rescources. Since she did not make these, she agreed to use what I had as a pattern, make me a set at discount and use the pattern for future sales. Call her at: 1-802-827-6124 (VT)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The really crazy thing is how low the prices seem to be that everyone's quoting on this list...as compared to how high things still go on GL. There was a fairly nice M1009 in MD that recently brought $3400 at auction. A year ago, there were about 17 Blazers in Letterkenny that brought anywhere from $2700-$4900...and they were mainly crap.

I would agree, however, that values seem to be dropping on these trucks. Someone needs to tell the guys bidding on GL. As an aside on another truck, there was an M923A1 in MS that brought $14,500 on the last sale!

Bruce

Olney, MD
---------

1991 M149A2
1989 M932A2
1989 M925A2
1989 M101A2
1988 M977
1988 M105A2
1987 M1045
1987 M105A2
1985 M1009 (3)
1970 M149A2
1964 M129C
1963 M332 (3)

goobmandude

Yes Sir. Got pictures. But new to this site and not sure where I would put them yet. Maybe I can put them in the classified. Thanks for the GL clarification. I guess there is a website?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
goobmandude said:
Yes Sir. Got pictures. But new to this site and not sure where I would put them yet. Maybe I can put them in the classified. Thanks for the GL clarification. I guess there is a website?
There is a newly renovated classified ad section. Look under "resources" at the bottom of the menu bar on the left-hand side of the site.

If you would like to post a picture for us to look at, hit reply and scroll down the post screen to where it says add an attachment. Check the allowed size, browse for the pic, then click add attachment. Bingo!

gt1009

Way too high, bought mine for $2500 and it's in near-mint. Only problems are no horn and a little water leaking in around the rear windows due to a bad seal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks