• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101-a1 trailer .... need part

bbillups75

Real Cav Dog you don't have to be an ASS CLOWN [thumbzup] I simply need a part! I am new at this Forum stuff so sorry if I screwed up the flow............. and maybe i do not have a m101a2 because i do not have a surge break my lunnette ring attaches directly to the frame!
cant you try to be helpfull and get me off here instead of voicing your piss poor accusations.:lol:

DAP

Let me jump in and try to help. If you do not have a surge brake and the trailer is a 3/4 ton then I suspect you have an M116 or an M116A1. Those have the solid lunette mounted to the tongue and yes they do need a nut to hold the lunette ring/shaft to the cast bracket bolted to the trailer tongue. I have never seen lift handles on the tongue or cast bracket so possibly this was a field modification? No I don't have an extra nut but I am guessing a large truck shop should or even try McMaster Carr would sell what you need. I have an extra complete set of racks and bows in new wood but that is probably way more than you are looking for. Hopefully this will help answer your questions. :grd:

DAP

Sorry I turned around from another discussion thread where someone was asking about putting lift handles on the trailer tongue. They had seen some on a trailer and that it was original equipment. I guess you didn't ask that question here in this thread even though I answered it. Hope this didn't confuse anybody or make them think I am highjacking the thread. I can't find the icon for banging my head against the brick wall but you get the idea - LOL.

RealCavDog

Real Cav Dog you don't have to be an ASS CLOWN [thumbzup] I simply need a part! I am new at this Forum stuff so sorry if I screwed up the flow............. and maybe i do not have a m101a2 because i do not have a surge break my lunnette ring attaches directly to the frame!
cant you try to be helpfull and get me off here instead of voicing your piss poor accusations.:lol:

Nice reaction there ! Yep, name calling really works !

So none of what was posted in answer to you before was any help ?

Maybe a little research would help, as was suggested by others, just a thought.

I simply need a lot of things, but still try to do my homework first !

Have a nice day and sorry for ruffling your hint-proof feathers !

Ripcord01

I am not able to help you out. I do wish you well on your search journey. Saturn is a great place for parts as well as others. Just look around my young Pawdling and you will find the force..[thumbzup]

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe you should go back and read post # 3 , recovery4x4 ( moderator ) told you for sale / want ads are not allowed in the forum . So you repost the same want ad 10 posts later , because of a lack of effort on your part to find a parts supplier. You seem to have a bit of a additude problem with replies like the one above.

bbillups75

Look I am just trying to find a part! .......... or some help in the direction of a suplier. no one has been able to find this nut or recommend a good scorce. if you can actualy help then HELP!
I THOUGH THIS SITE WAS MENT TO HELP PEOPLE ENJOY REFURBISHING CLASSIC MILITARY VEHICLES ..... BUT THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE .....
:-(
I HAVE ONE LAST THING TO SAY TO YOU MR. "REAL CAV DOG" AND MR. "PORKYSPLACE"
and I quote " IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND LET ONE THINK YOU ARE A FOOL THEN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!"
try to live by this you might just get along with people better! but thanks for all your negativity.
Brian :funny:

bbillups75

further more i would like to say I am sorry to all who think i am posting "want ads or such its not the case I am lost in a direction to find a part that is all!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I vaguely recall a thread where someone was looking to replace the castle nut. iirc, it is an odd thread pitch, for the diameter. Maybe a used nut will be easiest to find.

Also, please do not bicker in the forums. Please be polite, old and new alike. We do need to focus on helping each other, please.

RealCavDog

Look I am just trying to find a part! .......... or some help in the direction of a suplier. no one has been able to find this nut or recommend a good scorce. if you can actualy help then HELP!
I THOUGH THIS SITE WAS MENT TO HELP PEOPLE ENJOY REFURBISHING CLASSIC MILITARY VEHICLES ..... BUT THAT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THE CASE .....
:-(
I HAVE ONE LAST THING TO SAY TO YOU MR. "REAL CAV DOG" AND MR. "PORKYSPLACE"
and I quote " IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND LET ONE THINK YOU ARE A FOOL THEN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!"
try to live by this you might just get along with people better! but thanks for all your negativity.
Brian :funny:
1) Since it would appear that you are unsure of what trailer you are actually attempting to work on, may I suggest that you try posting several pictures of the trailer in question, so that maybe some of the many helpful and knowledgable members on this site can attempt to help you in your project.

2) Researching and exploring the literally thousands of posts contained in the hundreds of threads available, many with excellent photos to compare, parts availability sources and leads listed, combined with the massive experience and knowledge, may lead to a better awareness and provide you with a more fulfilling and satisfying project.

3) Posting in a public forum leaves a permanent record and history, easily accessible by a quick search of a members history or by random title post. This record could in the future be referenced to determine a membere attitude and demeanor should future help or dealings be considered by others.

4) When finding the extra time to repost contradicting and repetitive posts, name call, send questionable Private Messages and things of this nature, may I helpfully suggest taking the time to refer to not only items 1, 2, and 3 listed above, but again the rules and guidelines that you agreed to as a new member.

I hope you find this helpful, and polite, as you seem to be a bit sensitive and I do wish you well on your project.

RealCavDog, ( Jay ), AKA " ASS CLOWN " ? and proven fool ? WTH, Over ?

URBNFLX

Got a response from them with some pricing...

Looks like the racks would cost about $650

Just the fiberglass "wood" would be around $250

They do sell parts and pieces tho which I am going to be contacting about immediately since my A1 needs clevis pins and a corner and stake.

All prices would have shipping added to them I'd imagine...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks