• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 and the surge brake.

When did the M101A2 get the surge brakes?

Do all M101A2 have surge brakes from the factory?

I have a M101A2 that has the M37 wheels and no surge brake and what look like way of installing one.

As I am going to tow it with a M37 the not having surge brakes is not an issue in my mind.

With I have an issue getting my trailer registered in NC if it original came with a surge brake and the surge is not there?

Thank you,

Paddyofurniture

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's my understanding that all A2s have surge brakes and cucv wheels and tires.

Looks like you've got an A1. Does the data plate say A2? If it does it could be that somebody swapped the beds with an A2.

[FONT=&quot]m16ty[/FONT],

The Data plates calls out M101A2. The plates looks original to the body.

At one time this trailer was used by a Rhode Island National Guard unit and it had a generator mounted.

Is there a number on the frame that I can check and see if the body serial number matches?

Thanks,

Paddyofurniture

It's my understanding that all A2s have surge brakes and cucv wheels and tires.

Looks like you've got an A1. Does the data plate say A2? If it does it could be that somebody swapped the beds with an A2.

CGarbee

You will not have a problem getting the trailer registered in NC... You will have to have your paperwork in order, but they will not worry about the brakes, etc.

If you have any specific questions about registration, tags, etc., PM me (or send me an email) as I have the big DMV book on my desk...

Good luck,

Thanks CGarbee,

I will do.

Paddyofurniture

You will not have a problem getting the trailer registered in NC... You will have to have your paperwork in order, but they will not worry about the brakes, etc.

If you have any specific questions about registration, tags, etc., PM me (or send me an email) as I have the big DMV book on my desk...

Good luck,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks