• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101 bed on a m1028??

mikes47jeep

well i have almost an MV related question

im getting a 1985 C-30 dually that is pretty much the same as a M1028 dually

but i have no bed

my question is how well will a M101 trailer bed fit on the truck

best regards,

Mike

KsM715

Cargo Body (New Style) (M101A2 and M101A3):
Length.........................................................................................................................100 in. (254 cm)
Width ..........................................................................................................................73.5 in. (186.69 cm)​
Height .........................................................................................................................19.84 in. (50.39 cm)

Thats copied out of the M101a2 TM 9-2330-202-14&p

The M105 bed is 9 ft long by 6 ft wide. Interior wise, add a few inches to each dimension for the rails and braces.

Crash_AF

The bed is mounted backwards on that Dodge crew.

The dimensions of the 101 box are:
100" overall length
58" from front edge to center of axle
42" from center of axle to rear edge
74" overall width

The dimensions for the 105 box are:
108" overall length (inside box)
83" overall width
Cannot find any specs for axle to either end

According to the CUCV -10 TM, the M1028A3 dually is 95" wide. Digging through the Transportability Guidance TM, the 1010 box length is somewhere around 111.5" but I'm not sure where that 111 measurement ends between the cab and box. I would suspect that a 105 bed would be close to the proper length and with fender extensions would be the only option.

Later,
Joe

Last edited:

1stDeuce

Yeah, I had my 101A1 measured out and it was close to being a drop on for my '96 longbox GMC. I think the dist from the front to the wheelwell was a little long, but the width was almost perfect, and OA length about right too. I was gonna make it work one way or another. :) I think it'd look SWEEEEEEET!! Sold the truck and the 101 before I got to it tho... :(
You should totall find a 101 box, then just extend out the fenders a bit (like an A3 but probably a little wider even) and perhaps even taper the lower sill out to match the fender... Oh man, so many good ideas, so little time to get them done!!
C

colelkhunter

yes it has been done. By me for one. Search for 1031 with 101 bed. There was a pic of it on there as well. Also a pic in the thread "what have you done to your cucv". Works like a charm and is perfect dimentionally. Looks great too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks