• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101 bed vs m105 bed

which bed looks better on a bobbed deuce

• Total voters

Blythewoodjoe

Here's the other truck I built. I drove it to the Georgia rally a few years back. It has a stock bed shortened and narrowed with a M105 tailgate. It was a fabulous work truck and it was a dumper too. If I had made better financial decisions back then I would still have it :-(

Attachments

MO MV man

I'm partial to the shortened stock bed since it does retain the Deuce's original "look".
See my Bobber on my Avatar.

Second would be the M105.

Third, the M101. Doesn't the M101 really need fender extensions to make it dimensionally correct on a Deuce?

indy4x4fab

Banned
a buddy of mine has a m1028 with a cab and chassis 14 bolt under it and we are looking at putting m105 bed on his truck to replace the rusting away fleet side bed that's on it. does any one have the left out side to right out side and front out side end to back out side end measurements of just a m105 bed and m101 bed (out side box measurements)?

A

A/C Cages

I prefer the orignal bed shortned and then it doenst leave a huge gap between the bed and cab.

Ripcord01

The OD green truck is sweet. So I vote for picture 3. The bed is in proportion with the lines of the truck.
I am not a fan of shopped trucks but I like it.​

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally think my M116 bed with taller sides, M105 tailgate, deuce front bumper (on the back) and deuce front fenders looks the best. I also think I look the best, so I may be partial :wink:
Like that bed :beer:

Not sure I like the bumper . . . maybe turned over so that I could use it as a step :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks