• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Broken Shock Mount, Help!

dnote

Replacing worn shocks with nice gas filled new ones and everything was going just fine. Passenger side shock swapped out. The driver side however turned into a nightmare.

The nut on the top mount came right off. The bottom one didn't want to budge. With a little muscle and a 2 foot breaker bar it didn't take much force at all and the entire stud ripped off inside the nut. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441225684.484780.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441225693.527744.jpg

How do I fix this? There's no head for the mounting bolt on the other side of the bracket, just a weld. Is there any way to fix it or am I screwed?

Thanks guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could drill a hole, tap it and secure the shock with a bolt or, weld on a new section of stud.

oddave715

If you don't have the means to do so, then I would take it to a machine shop and have them cut it off and fabricate a new one. It will be correct and should never give you any more trouble. A patch up job may work or it may not.