• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 canvas

SgtMajHarper

I got tired of searching and researching the archives and figured I'd just cheat and ask my question. I have an M101 trailer that after maybe 4 years decided to put the new canvas I bought for it way back when. Soooooooo, now I see that " cover" does not include end curtains, also a couple of the tie down ropes don't exactly match up with with the tie down locations on the trailer. Wondering if I really got the right cover or not, it does seem to fit well and I'm now guessing that end curtains are a separate needed part(s). I see all of the newer style covers as a one-piece and I was kinda expecting that with mine. Maybe if I didn't wait this long to put it on I could have contacted the place I bought it from to ask these questions.....and I can't even find any place that makes / sells canvas covers anymore.

TITANBOW

My 101 didn’t come with bows or a canvas. I ended up making bows out of 3/4” conduit, and I had a guy in Denver make a custom canvas for it, which I really like how it turned out. It was a little pricey, but I only paid 475 for the trailer and figured it’s worth more than what I got into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SgtMajHarper

My 101 didn’t come with bows or a canvas. I ended up making bows out of 3/4” conduit, and I had a guy in Denver make a custom canvas for it, which I really like how it turned out. It was a little pricey, but I only paid 475 for the trailer and figured it’s worth more than what I got into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it was your trailer I saw with the custom canvas on it, nice job. Mine came with the bows and I've acquired more since I got it. I wanted a canvas cover for the trailer to match up with the canvas on my truck, I'm thinking I may have been sold a canvas for a truck or maybe they just really did have end curtains once upon a time. I just felt kinda deflated when I was banging away putting the cover on telling myself what a good job I was doing then I had no end covers.....kinda like "where's the beef"?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beachwood Canvas, New Age Canvas, or Weebee Webbing should be able to make these end curtains for you. The one piece top only came about in the 1980's, after the trailers had been in service since 1951.

EDIT: Wrong info, M101 trailer canvas should have integrated end curtains, always has.

Last edited:

Ozarks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it was your trailer I saw with the custom canvas on it, nice job. Mine came with the bows and I've acquired more since I got it. I wanted a canvas cover for the trailer to match up with the canvas on my truck, I'm thinking I may have been sold a canvas for a truck or maybe they just really did have end curtains once upon a time. I just felt kinda deflated when I was banging away putting the cover on telling myself what a good job I was doing then I had no end covers.....kinda like "where's the beef"?
I know this is an old thread but I’ve got a M101 that I’ll be picking up soon but it doesn’t have the bows … by chance, do you have any suggestions where to source them? I just can’t bring myself to pay the eBay price of $300 + $160 shipping for a set of new bows! Thanks,

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread but I’ve got a M101 that I’ll be picking up soon but it doesn’t have the bows … by chance, do you have any suggestions where to source them? I just can’t bring myself to pay the eBay price of $300 + $160 shipping for a set of new bows! Thanks,
Post your needs in the Parts Wanted Forum Please.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't sound like a M101 top to me, all I have ever seen or sold had end curtains.

View attachment 845690View attachment 845691

Talk about a blast from the past. I looked at that trailer and thought "cool, someone else put an MRAP toolbox on the front of their M101".

Then I looked in the background and saw my house. D'oh!

Dave used my trailer to get a good pic of the cover.

I still miss my friend and I'm glad I saw this.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The metal bows for the m105 trailer are the same.
They are adjustable with 2 different sets of holes to adjust width in-between m101/5

Might help to widen search.

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks