• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Hydraulic Brake Resistance?

FloridaAKM

My experiance with hydraulic/surge brakes is that when you have a load on your trailer & you have to stop, the actuator reacts to the load & slows down the trailer as if it is not even there. With no hydraulic/surge brakes, your trailer & load will push you right thru the stoplight if your reaction time is poor. You should not be able to test anything by hand unless you are superman & can compress the actuator to simulate a quick stop situation.

oddave715

That's the plan. I will be replacing the axle due to a bent spindle and have a friend with a Jeep master cylinder that I may be getting. I'm just trying to figure out what all I need to be looking for as far as parts go and was not sure if the shock was providing enough resistance.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I usually jack up one tire and have someone spin it. Then I use a monkey wrench on one of the 4 "hinge bar" thingys to see if it will stop the tire from spinning. After that, I check the other side.

rustystud

If you had water contamination in you master cylinder you might want to consider rebuilding it. You could have rust inside the bore and valving . Plus check your wheel cylinders. These are simple master cylinders, and you might not have to replace anything just clean it up and remove any rust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks