• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Project

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I went for a visit to Devilman96s shop. He is working on an M101 he obtained a few years back. Apparently he has learned that with his Oh-9 you need a trailer for truck duties. He has already cut the welds and removed th fender wells. Each will be reinstalled 4" farther out giving him 53" between the inner fenders. The axle is being swapped out for one with the same 6 lug pattern as the truck and the trailer will have the exact same wheel and tire. A steel topper with side doors is being installed and will have its own jack system for easy, one man, removal anywhere. An integrated transfer tank and spare mount is also in the plans. Sounds to be a really neat project.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you forget the camera?? Man, what a tease.

Phil2968,
I have to do a double take everytime I catch you avatar on the second frame... That sure could be mistaken for something dirty. :shock: