• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Registration problem

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday after talking to 3 different people at the Fairbanks, AK DMV they finally figured out how to proceed with my SF97 and POA from GL. The fun didnt end there, when the clerk finally started the application and registration she couldnt find the manufacturer in their database. My M101A2 is an '86 made by AMA Enterprises Inc, but they cannot register under that manufacturer because it's not on their list. Anyone know what AMA stands for? Maybe I can try their full name. Any work arounds?

Apparently this is the first time they've done this...:roll:

bobclausius

dont no but in wyoming if its under 1000lbs you dont need a title. and if it is under 800lbs you can get small plates. m101a2 is like 798lbs

blybrook

I've titled 2 M101's through Fairbanks DMV, both went smoothly. The first trailer I did (M105) was a pain in the arse. They didn't want to accept my SF97 or other paperwork.

I don't know what to tell you about the manufacturer, but you can try "other" as was suggested.

Be happy that they decided to take your SF-97 & paperwork, the clerks I talked to were telling me that they wouldn't process it at all! I had to have them call in the main boss to get it figured out. Even then, I was told that they wouldn't do it again (yet another clerk did 3 trailers at once for me).

If you have a company or business, you can register it as a commercial vehicle for lifetime plates (same cost as yearly plates).

Good luck.

And in Alaska, titles are required for all trailers that can be pulled on public roadways, regardless of weight.

Marauder

I'm glad you guys are paving the way there in Fairbanks. Just rectly received my SF97 and will be following you soon. Hopefully DMV will have learned how to do this by now...I'm sure we aren't the first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks