• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Restore!

Ripcord01

I also have plans on taking off the support leg in the rear of the trailer. I am going to purchase another support leg in order to have on on each side of the trailer. More for the safety of the kids who for some strange reason enjoy playing in it. More to come.

Ripcord01

I forgot to add the pictures from the light install. I did keep the 24 volt system on the trailer. I just disconnected the lights and placed them in a box for later use. My helper ( supervisor) is my youngest son Alex.

Attachments

koolex11

Watch those corners on that tarp! Are thinking of a top that fits flush to the steel bed, or are you going to get a tall enclosure? I have thought about what I would do if I saw an irresistible deal on GL but with no racks or bows. Of course I am dreaming about a custom camper build as well. It didn't take long to get hooked on these trailers!

lindyp38

thats a nice use of a former military trailer...its nice to see that its been modified for family use......i bet the kids will love camping out in that trailer...........good luck......:)

Ratch

Nice job, the rack looks good. Is that a canvas top on the ground in the last pic? It looks almost like you sized the custom racks to fit the top just down to the steel bed for max interior height.

Ripcord01

Watch those corners on that tarp! Are thinking of a top that fits flush to the steel bed, or are you going to get a tall enclosure? I have thought about what I would do if I saw an irresistible deal on GL but with no racks or bows. Of course I am dreaming about a custom camper build as well. It didn't take long to get hooked on these trailers!
The tarp is just a cheapo Walmart tarp. No big lost there. I was using for shade cover while working on the measurements and sides. I will sand the corners to round . My desire is to a have a shelter in there. I have found them for sale not far from me, but since vacation is coming up soon, I have to wait until we get home.

I want to be careful with the weight and the ability to pull it with my Civy.

Ripcord01

Nice job, the rack looks good. Is that a canvas top on the ground in the last pic? It looks almost like you sized the custom racks to fit the top just down to the steel bed for max interior height.
Thank you. No, the cover lying on the floor is vinyl. I was pretty much guessing on the height. After completing I did decide that I should have gone about 14" taller. Just to make it real comfy. As is sits , a person can sit in a chair without crouching.

Ripcord

Ripcord01

Does anyone have some water cans and maybe a holder for them? I ask because I would like to support a fellow member rather than a retail establishment!

Ripcord

Ripcord01

Today I rehabbed an old tool box, and fit it to be placed on the front of trailer. I then returned the Original lights. I have ordered some new led bulbs so maybe this will help with the brightness. Can anyone tell me what the triangular brackets on the left and right side of the light bar are used for?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks