• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 series crank landing gear?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Original? No

But you can always get something at Etrailer or Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight and just paint tan or green.

3dAngus

There was a fella on here making them. You can't find them with a trailer, unless extremely lucky. I have seen one in my lifetime.
So I purchased the one from the SSer making them. About $40-45 or so plus shipping and better then the originals.

Otherwise you'll have to get one from one of the larger surplus retailers at the same price or higher.

David Dannenberg

I am new to this list. Not sure if my last unfinished post posted.

I discovered that I have in my parts collection an adjustable landing gear for my M101A2, like the one in the video posted above. I do not have a crank though. Anybody know where I can get one? Does it engage the little split drift pin on the operational part of the landing leg?

There is a ratcheting one for sale somewhere on line but I don't want to go into detail and break the rules of this list. However, I would like to know whether it would work on my landing leg. Any clues how I can find out?

Thanks

David

KsM715

David. You need to ad your State to your location. Site rules. And yes the crank handle engages the little rollpin that sticks out the side of the landing gear near the top. You can get a set of pliers and just spin that pin to raise and lower the leg. If I can remember Ill get a picture of how the set up looks. The handle itself looks rather easy to fabricate.

David Dannenberg

Thanks Jeff. I would really appreciate seeing a photo of how the handle engages the pin.

I am in Philadelphia, PA. Sorry I left that out.

Nice looking M715 you have there.

David Dannenberg

harleyhouse

The crank handle slides over the drive rod of the landing leg jack.
It has a slotted position that engages a split pin in the drive rod.
once the handle is slipped on and engaged crank away.

Evil Dr. Porkchop makes and sells crank handles.

Attachments

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCVFAN has some NOS crank up landing legs. Send him a PM. I bought one and was very happy with it.

Riftweaver

I have handles in stock, they are reproductions. I make them and paint them. Some of the guys here say they look and work better than the original. Let me know if I can help. I suppose I should just put an ad up.

David Dannenberg

Thanks for the information and photos everybody. Now I understand it completely--even how the crank is stowed on the leg. Very helpful. Really appreciate it.

Riftweaver, how much do you charge for a handle including shipping?

David
Phila., PA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks