• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101 top

smokinAMD

Has anyone tried making their own canvas top for their trailer? I haven't been able to find an original one / I know they are stupid expensive if you can find one, so I've been thinking of making my own.

If I was to make my own, I'd have the rear section be zippered and have a mesh screen on the inside layer, as well as the standard canvas. Hello instant tent on wheels!

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Jefferson tent and awning, in St. Louis. Just for the supplies you would need, would be expensive. Keep looking for a used one. I bought a whole new trailer, just for the top and fiber sides, cost less than a new top would have.

wilfreeman

Doesn't the original manufacturer still sell them to the public - about the same price as a GL trailer? I ned a green our camo one myself

wilfreeman

Details Brotha' - how you gonna make it (material, end curtains, what)? Interested in making more? I found a used one (good shape) for $150 + shipping.

sggoat

The guy I bought my M101a2 has 6 more of them. I know he has at least two spare sets of bows. Not sure of the canvas tops though. Can call him tommorrow to check.
Gary

mdrall

Got a retired guy down the street selling a A2 for $650. Tan, very little rust, bed solid, new tires, fiberglass, and aluminum bows...just what I'm looking for. UNFORTUNATELY, someone offered him just $50 for the canvas and he sold it a week before I noticed the trailer. Tried to get the price of trailer down since he sold the canvas, but he won't budge. Said he can wait for the right buyer and is in no rush to sell.

In hindsight, I should have kept bidding on those complete trailers at Ft Sam a couple of weeks ago. A couple were almost spotless. :cry: Now I wait ...