• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Trailer Series: Brand New Brake Levers

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FINALLY!! found a brake lever supplier with the help of Guyfang.
Their pricey but available. $140 each including spacers. Bolts are not included.

Kratzke Machining & Fabricating Company
Wittenberg, WI
715/253-3800

They make two different levers.
One is a single pull and one is a double pull.

Regular lever:
P/N 2002
NSN 5340-00-936-5284

Double Pull Lever
P/N 2002-DP
NSN 5340-01-587-9026

Not 100% sure of the difference between the two, but he’s sending me a set for my M101A2.
Will report back when they arrive.
I did send them a pic of the lever I needed and he said theirs is an exact replacement.

I personally talked to the owner at length today on the phone.
Extremely helpful and pleasant to talk to.
They still make these levers for the military and they do sell to civilians. Unlike most military suppliers.
They’re website is generic and you cannot purchase these online from them.
Either email or phone.

I don’t like the price, but love the fact I can now buy brand new levers for my trailers.

Nope the information helps.

Plenty of sellers online claiming their surplus levers will work but are not the correct ones
These are exact replacements.

Jeepadict

Woo-hoo...parts!! The price is obnoxious, but thats supply and demand for ya.

Thanks to both of you for doing the legwork! Looking forward to the review report so my credit card can cry again. Now to find an A3 brake cable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding intel👍

Double pull is probably the m1112 water buffalo with dual axles and the flatbed m1061,m1073. And bolster with dual axles is my swag.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding intel👍

Double pull is probably the m1112 water buffalo with dual axles and the flatbed m1061,m1073. And bolster with dual axles is my swag.
He tried to explain the difference over the phone but I wasn’t getting it.

Guyfang

Staff member
Woo-hoo...parts!! The price is obnoxious, but thats supply and demand for ya.

Thanks to both of you for doing the legwork! Looking forward to the review report so my credit card can cry again. Now to find an A3 brake cable.

Do you mean a M101A3 trailer?

Guyfang

Staff member
And you ordered the right one? There are 3 cables listed in the book. The NSN: 2530-01-429-8346, Part #15641501, (74 inches) is the right one.

Jeepadict

And you ordered the right one? There are 3 cables listed in the book. The NSN: 2530-01-429-8346, Part #15641501, (74 inches) is the right one.
I'm 99.1% certain it's the correct part...time will tell the tale. I referenced the Usable On Code in the TM. (my airplane TOs also have a UOC system, so that was familiar) The p/n for the UOC matched identical to the tag in the picture on the website. So as long as the tag on the part is correct, I'm in business.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The picture shows new levers in different colors.
The left one is the current production lever.
Other two were for different customers and are obviously non-standard colors.

These do not include the pulley and its hardware as I previously thought.
That’s ok since I can use the hardware from the bad levers.
(Edit: They do include all the hardware)
Still don’t like the price but these will fit.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepadict

I've never seen one of these with quite a squared-off endcap...every one I've ever seen has a half-sphere type endcap.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve seen them on a few surplus trailers on GP but could never find any info on them.
I’ve never seen any for sale.

Guyfang spotted the cage number on one recent pic from another thread and looked them up and posted info.
I took that info and ran with it.

We now have a source for the correct lever.
Expensive, but available

Shipping speeds are really long now so it will be late next week probably when mine arrive.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve seen them on a few surplus trailers on GP but could never find any info on them.
I’ve never seen any for sale.

Guyfang spotted the cage number on one recent pic from another thread and looked them up and posted info.
I took that info and ran with it.

We now have a source for the correct lever.
Expensive, but available

Shipping speeds are really long now so it will be late week probably when mine arrive.
Price is better than what Eastern wanted for a brake lever for my M149A2 the "call for quote" was close to $250 +shipping

Guyfang

Staff member
I'm 99.1% certain it's the correct part...time will tell the tale. I referenced the Usable On Code in the TM. (my airplane TOs also have a UOC system, so that was familiar) The p/n for the UOC matched identical to the tag in the picture on the website. So as long as the tag on the part is correct, I'm in business.

All too often, the UOC is overlooked. Thats the right cable. I had to replace about a kazillion cables on the 173rd ABN's trailers in Bamberg. I remembered the length of the cable for the A3 model.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New levers arrived.
He sent the two different color ones at a much discounted rate. I can paint them no sweat!
He told me these were laying around shop and they didn’t want to bother painting them.

They do come with all new hardware!
That was a nice surprise.

The primer/brownish lever looks to be an older production model since the pulley arm is heavier bent steel instead of stamped.
Twist knobs are slightly different also.
Doesn’t matter to me since this set was a lot less $$.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Those are indeed what we got when ordering handles. You never knew what was in the box, until you opened them. But they fit and work. They are a much better handle then the old ones. Ours always came assembled. Good deal Tinstar!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two I received are not official “government contract” models per say.
As mentioned above, they were trial extras that were painted different for other customers.
Green one is slightly different color than official 383 green and the brown/primer one was a trial for someone else.
Brown one is obviously an earlier version.
He told me this on the phone.
They have zero markings or numbers and were not completely assembled, but did come with all hardware required.

That’s why the discounted price for me.
I didn’t care since I can paint them myself and install the bag of hardware.

I’m betting that the ones shipped out for Uncle Sam and full price buyers are completely assembled units including the cage code stamped into the metal (like Guyfang spotted) and a part/NSN number inked somewhere.

I will definitely be ordering another set or two as soon as I get my current trailer project finished.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks