• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 trailer tire size

UntamedUnicorn

I'm getting my grandfathers old trailer. I believe it to be the M101 but all I know about it is its the old 3/4 ton trailer from about the 1960's

Its in pretty good shape other than needing tires since these have dry rotted. I asked him about getting them and he said he hasn't been able to find any since this has the old 5 lug 16" rims. Anything anyone can tell me would be a great help because I have found everything but the tire size.

Nick

What are you gonna use it for? What are you gonna pull it with?
Mine has 900x 16 original non directionals, or NDTs, they arent bad, other than get a flat spot if sitting for too long. But its a neat original look. Get lots of comments bout the trailer and just as many about the tires.
And they handle weight just fine. I made a trip from Central Ca to Southern Ca with a load of four T-137 Dodge flathead motors. Tires did great at 50psi. No sway.

Nick

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome , 9.00 x16 NDT's are still availible but not cheap , figure around $250 apiece plus the tube and we like pictures so .

nopics

Nick

Welcome , 9.00 x16 NDT's are still availible but not cheap , figure around $250 apiece plus the tube and we like pictures so .

nopics

You are sure correct there, firgure three on my trailer and five on my Power Wagon, wish they rode better for as much as I got wrapped up in em!!

But I sure like the look and comments on em!!:smile:

UntamedUnicorn

What are you gonna use it for? What are you gonna pull it with?
Mine has 900x 16 original non directionals, or NDTs, they arent bad, other than get a flat spot if sitting for too long. But its a neat original look. Get lots of comments bout the trailer and just as many about the tires.
And they handle weight just fine. I made a trip from Central Ca to Southern Ca with a load of four T-137 Dodge flathead motors. Tires did great at 50psi. No sway.

Nick
Its going to be a farm trailer. so we got trucks and jeeps galore to pull it with. I haven't even looked at the hookup to see what size fits. My grandfather has had it for as long as I can remember and was talking about getting rid of it the other day until I told him i wanted it. he seemed surprised. But I eventually want to get a new canvas top for it too since that one is in rough shape. Which I am sure I'll probably have to get made or make myself.

coyotegray

Its going to be a farm trailer. so we got trucks and jeeps galore to pull it with. I haven't even looked at the hookup to see what size fits. My grandfather has had it for as long as I can remember and was talking about getting rid of it the other day until I told him i wanted it. he seemed surprised. But I eventually want to get a new canvas top for it too since that one is in rough shape. Which I am sure I'll probably have to get made or make myself.
For the cover just go to GMA Cover. One for a 101 is about $200+.

Nick

NDTs would work fine for that, or ya can get a little more in the super swampers, but ya still gotta get tubes and flaps. M37, Dodge Power Wagons and some other use the same rims. Check out my albums. Good luck, and POST SOME PICS!! We all wanna see!! :-D

Wolf.Dose

You may change to other tire sizes than the original 9.00-16 with tube, however, the tube is mandantory. If you do not stick to the original tread, something like 255/100 R 16 (Michelin, very expensive) or 265/85R16 or 285/85 R 16 or 285/80 R16 is usable or a 34 inch tire which is useable for 16 inch rims of 6.5 inches width, however should not be wider than 10 inches to the max. Remember, the tube is needed.
May be this helps.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks