• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Trailer Title in Florida

1956_4x4

After waiting 45 days for my SF97 from GL, I received this email today:

Mr. Smith, when preparing your documents, it was noted that the weight of these two trailers is less than 2000 lbs. The State of Florida does not require these trailers to be registered or licensed, therefore SF97s are not necessary.

We will refund your credit card for the $120 Titling Fees on Monday, Dec. 17.

Thank you for your continued consideration of Government Liquidation.

Jean Payton

Vehicle Titling Coordinator

Does this sound right? I'd call the tax office, but this came in after everything is closed. I've already replied with a request to proceed with the SF97s since I might not always be in the state of Florida. This makes me wonder since my boat trailer is lighter than 2000 pounds and I'm required to have a plate on it...

Smitty

Jake0147

If the vehicle (or trailer) is not supposed to be titled in Florida, then it is no trouble to get it titled in any other state that does require it should you decide to move to such a state, PROVIDED that you have had it registered in Florida in your name and have retained the documentation from that. Your bill of sale from when you acquired it sometimes speeds the process too, but can't ever be absolutely required if Florida requires turning that in during the registration process.

Pinz25086

Smitty - That is correct. You do not need a SF-97 to get plates in Fl for a M101. I have one and it came with a SF-97 and the tag office gave it back to me and said that they did not need it. When you go to sell it you will use a bill of sale and it will be fine.

Wayne

1956_4x4

If I don't need a SF97 to get plates for the trailers, what is the tax office going to need as far as paperwork when I go to get the plates? I guess I can wait until Monday to get the answer, but I'd rather not stand in line just to find out I need some other type of documentation.

Smitty

1956_4x4

hndrsonj said:
GA just needs a bill of sale for registration if under 2K.
How about FL? Also, in GA, is the SF97 considered a "bill of sale"? It doesn't seem like GL really gives out anything else that could be considered as such...

Smitty

dirtyfingernails

RE: Title

No title for the M101 trailer is required in Florida. I have one myself. Actually, none of my trailers (M101, M105, and two civy tandem axle trailers (7500lb and 12K lbs) required a title. All are tagged. You're good to go.
Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks