• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Trailer Wiring Connector Setup

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea! I have been pondering that arrangement. I did install the omni-volt LED lights on my M101. With that arrangement, you would not have to change the bulbs either. Just plug in and go.

Lee in Alaska

Nick

Pretty cool. I like it, may do that to mine too, even though I modified an intervehicular cable to fit my truck and added a small rv plug on my truck. But I like that cuz then I wouldnt hafta cahge between the cables depending on which truck i pull it with

Nick

Nick

I have the same connectors, got a few parts from ebay. Including the covers, but Saturn surplus has some of the other parts. I lost the link I had savevd from when I bought all the other parts, whoever it was had everything, but I had already piecemealed my parts so I couldnt order from one place, duh. Dumb me

Nick

jtpasto

Connectors

I got my connector, mounting bracket and cover from saturnsurplus.com
I bought the connector with the wires already attached and they were not hooked up correctly. You can unscrew the the back ring and carefully pry up the rubber plug which the wires run through to get enough room to insert and solder new wires to the correct terminals. It all worked for me.

Nick

This is the other site I was looking for that i thought I had deleted:
Erics Military Surplus

VEHICLE ELECTRICAL PARTS

Now, the question I have for you guys, is does someone have the insert for this connector? All I need is the rubber part that has all the connectors in it. I have the outer carcas, just wanna press the female connector rubber part into it. Itll save me 25 bucks.

Thanks
Nick

Attachments

hwcurtice

I mounted my 12 pin NATO vehicle connector to my pintle mount. This way I can use it with with different military trailers and different tow vehicles without rewiring either one. The attached pictures show what mine looks like.
So, beside the hitch itself, what would it take to get one of these made, only to go into a 7 wire round plug? My 4 wire died already....

I need to modify my hitch to raise it up a little, but I'd rather not have to completely rewire the trailer I just got home, except to put new lights (LED) on the rear.

The M101A2, are those just reflectors on the side are actual lights?

jtpasto

I attached a verticle piece of angle iron to the pintle mount using a set of pintle hitch mounting holes. The 12 pin NATO connector is mounted to the angle iron usine a recepticle (connector) mounting bracket. The NATO connector, recepticle mounting bracket and connector cover was purchased from Saturn Surplus. The wiring diagram showing which connector pin goes to which electrical circuit was obtained by searching this website. It was easy to access the connector pins and solder on the necessary wires.

chico1

From the looks of the first post the wiring adapter had a 4 prone end....where can I get this plug.. I just bought an M101 and need to plug into my 4 prone on my truck