• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010 cucv ?'s

aluminum

I believe they are all aluminum...but i'm not entirely sure.
assuming i remember,i'll grab a magnet and check tomorrow.I don't have a clue as to the weight off alum in the body work...but it can't be much,probly not much more than 350 lbs or so...it's the accesories that bring the weight,ie: the air cond,heater,shelving,insulation etc.

weight...

I don't think it would...unless,that is,it gives a weight minus the above mentioned accesories.To come close,we need to guestimate the total volume of alum in the box itself.
Find out which parts are aluminum,measure each one for length x width x thickness,add them all up,Try to remember how much aluminum weighs per cubic inch,and multiply.
Since i don't have two days off,i'll stick to my original guess. :)
or maybe there's a tag someplace...

weight mark-2

Turns out i had a day off...with a density of .098 lbs/cubic inch,a measuring tape,and some guess work...i come up with a revised estimate of 270 lbs of aluminum.
this assumes a skin thickness of .032 inches.all skins,doors and shelving are aluminum,as well as the supporting framework.
all accesories are steel,including door hinges,bumper/steps,a/c housing and any light/antennae mounts.
I'm guessing you want to figure a scrap value...probly not worth the work.I was qouted a price of 18,000 can$ to replicate,not including heat or a/c,likely since it would be a custom build.(i was curious).figure about 22,000 complete,all hand built. :shock: .
Whomever has one would likely make a-LOT more selling as a complete unit(assuming good condition,with everything functional).finding an m-1010 in cherry condition(the whole truck),and paying 6-7000 for it,gets you a screaming deal on a cool hunting /fishing/plow rig.
I'd love a hummer ambulance.They are REALLY cool. :D