• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Mystery wire near fuse box, pictures included

gasser

Yup, it's not original and added by the previous owner ... or maybe the service unit that had it before the vehicle was released did something custom. The only option for you, unfortunately, is to trace it down ... Good luck.

davidkroberts

Ive had several CUCV's that had the same thing most likely if you trace the wire out it goes to a cut wire that used to power a convoy light, cigarette lighter, ect that was cut out years ago and had the power wire pulled out of the fuse panel.

richingalveston

mystery wire

check your gas pedal switch. mine was like that and disconnected. when i took the dash apart to paint, i was able to trace the wire back to what i believe is the ground side of the switch. the end was changed on mine (not original) as if someone was trying to plug it into the fuse block. i beleive it is supposed to be conected to the ground terminal under the dash and should have a female end and not a male.

i have not confirmed this because everything is still apart and i will not be able to test it until i get it back togather so for now i have it wrapped up so it does not get painted.

if any one knows about the gas petal switch black wire and where it is supposed to go then please chime in. if not i will look it up or ask later.

Mine however looked just like what you have pictured before i started working on it. did not drive it enough to know if it is shifting ok.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeap not original, as the wire has printing on it. The factory wires do not.