• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 owners, i have a question for you

ive seen a few pics of M1010s that have had the rear benches/storage compartment removed for one reason or another, making it basically just a boxtruck. im looking to remove the driverside bench to make room for sink/cabinet, closet, etc., but leaving the pass side bench so that i can still keep my heater unit and the storage area. so, my question is- if your M1010, or one you know of, has had the benches removed, has anyone here actually removed the benches themselves? or were they already removed when you got it? and if you did do it yourself, how hard are they to remove without damaging the bench or the ambulance body? i havent had a chance to clean all my campin junk out of the storage compartment and crawl in for a good look, but from what i remember, it appeared to be held in with rivets... can these be easily drilled out with damaging the bench? and what about the rivets attaching the bench to the wall, are they only holding the bench? or is it all the way thru to help attach exterior wall panel of the box? id normally just dig into this project and figure it out, but its way too cold here in ohio to be out there unloading everything, and then crawling around under the bench. so im hoping someone here has dealt with this already, and can give me some tips or advice... if theres no choice but to damage the bench to remove it, than so be it... but if possible, id rather try to keep it nice, just in case i ever find someone looking for one to restore or repair an M1010... which is also the reason i still have the stretchers, and and other ambul equip... thanks for the help!!