• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 Project

Bought my first M1010 yesterday and this is a really amazing truck it tighter than any truck i have ever bought it even came with brandy new fenders . It got tucked away today to start on the prep for the new paint job . The paint is fair but might as well deck her out ASAP. I will be looking for the corret radio to go in it .It has a mount in the floor board on each side of the transfer ****er to mount too. Sugar scoop is in place will need to find mount and antiinieia also. Anyone got a handle on the red cross signs for it ?

Attachments

hotdogs151a2

Mr. docfarmall:
Nice truck, saved another one. It looks pretty strait too. Check the side panels, they might be turned around backwards hiding the red cross.
Thanks, Hotdog

gijoe13

The blue box is the Duvac that controls the alternators and is supposed to equalize the batteries. Most have trouble with them and have trouble keeping the front battery charged. It is two 24v 100 amp alts for the heat and a/c. Nice find, I just finished painting mine. Look forward to seeing your progress. Member Lavarok is really good with these and will probably be able to answer your questions better than me. He is a great guy and made himself available to me for any questions or problems I had. I ended up converting mine to 12V because the A/C compressor and rear heater were missing in mine and the person before me had installed a 12v starter. I think they gave up on it so I got a beauty with 17k miles on it and with just ten minutes work I had it running.

Lookup the doghead starter relay mod and do that right away to save yourself problems down the road. Good luck with your project. Nice to see another one saved.:p

Last edited:

gijoe13

Heres a few pictures of mine. I got it from GL with the beautiful yellow. Pulled everything off the front but the motor. Just finished painting this weekend. New windshield goes in thursday. 2011-07-04_10-20-13_784.jpg

2011-04-12_19-11-06_982.jpg

amb1.jpg

lavarok

Have a serious drain on the batteries in the old girl
You must leave the master light switch OFF when the truck is not in use. There is a relay under the dash for the rear ambulance body black out lights.

This relay is "HOT" when the master light switch is on regardless of ignition. It will drain your front battery in no time.

lavarok

Question what rearend oil is in the 1010 rears also is there an additive suppose to be in it too. In the ac what freon is used . Is anyone comeing to Mid Ohio with TM's for these trucks ?
Per the LO, the truck uses GO 80/90 with no additive. I believe the AC has R12 from the factory. I had my truck converted to R134A.

The standard CUCV TMs cover this model CUCV. However, there are a few items which the TMs wont help you with, such as fixing the inverter circuit for the 12v surgical light in the rear. Feel free to PM or email me with questions - this goes for all M1010 owners. I'm always happy to help with knowledge when I can.

Last edited:
Took a few pics today of the pintle and both trailer plugs now shes trailer ready . Changing pintle to a civy style today so i can use all three ball sizes and pull pintle or hitch pin style trailers. Hope thse are so you can see them.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks