• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010

Rocco

Could someone put some pics up of the inside of the M1010
I want to see the back of the cab wall between the seats.
Im wandering if it is doable to convert back to a truck
I can maybe cut out the door and weld another back from a different truck on to it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My question would be "why?"

It's your truck to do with what you want but there are a lot of people looking for M1010s and a lot more M1008s running around for sale. By the time you get done with the cost of repacing the rear cab panel, putting in a rear window, buying a bed to go on it, and getting a bumper (which if you want it to be like a 1008 will need to be a CUCV truck bumper) you could have bought a 1008 and had money left over.

I seriously doubt converting a 1010 to a pickup would be cheaper than buying one out right.

Rocco

Well i dont have the money right now for a M1008.
but i found a M1010 in the town that I live in
And he is going to sale it to me for $1500.
I want to put a flat bed on it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get it you might try running an ad in SS Classifieds offering to trade it for a 1008. Again, it would be a lot cheaper for you and save a vehicle.

Sardot1

If you get it you might try running an ad in SS Classifieds offering to trade it for a 1008. Again, it would be a lot cheaper for you and save a vehicle.
Ditto that! It does not seem to be worth the money and effort to destroy an M1010. You could get more than $1500 selling it on eBay or here. Then go buy the truck you want.

LeadHead

Are you going to remove the bucket seats from the M1010? If so, I am interested in purchasing if the price is right. PM me details.:beer:
Not sure if he still gets on here or not, but I just bought an M1009 from him. The M1010 looks AWESOME! He cut out the back of a cab off a junker truck and welded it in there and put on a flat bed. Great looking truck.

unaffiliated

I would love to have a M1010 box for my M1008. I don't want the walk through, I would just patch the hole on the box. I do mobile repair and used parts sales and think the Ambulance box would be cool. I don't really care for the Maintenance truck body.

Psywarrior

I would much rather have the 1010 as is to make a camper/bugout vehicle. To chop one up like that seems such a tragedy and waste to me. You know the 1010's are rare enough as it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks