• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1010

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks pretty good sir. Should your plans take you away from the berths, I may be interested. Glad you had a safe trip.

2002ford

Thanks everyone. So far I like it more than the 1009. It has alot of possibilitys. Its showing 13000 on it so I think the moter is good. I know they have messed with the electrical system. How much, I dont know yet. They had alot of nice looking 1031 at the lot. I asked about them but they are going out to fire fighting units throughout the state.

2002ford

I won it at $1477.00 on the GSA aauction site. No hidden fees. I had the title mailed to me before I even left to get it. It was located in Lebanon,Mo. 522 miles each way. This is my 3rd road trip this year for MV. Yikes. As far as tires go, I dont know. I dont need them and I will take them to the GA ralley if someone wants them. I will post more as I get to know the truck. I may try to start it friday if everything goes good.

lavarok

Looks good, it even has the attendant seat.
The low mileage engine is a bonus, but keep in mind you will most likely need an injection pump soon. All low mileage cucvs I've owned started leaking fuel from the IP soon after I started driving them.

2002ford

I hate to bring up an old thread but I have to. Lol. I put to batterys in the 1010 and it fired right up. I blew a tire unloading it so I am off to get a quick fix for that. I will see if it moves tonight.:beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news. We actually prefer to add to existing threads. Sounds like you got a keeper. Can't wait to se it move under its own power.

Keith_J

522 miles is still a good drive. Reminds me of the late June recovery of my M1031. We flat towed it from Ft. McCoy WI to Central Texas. The tires were nearly new on both vehicles, the towing was smooth but we took it easy on speed and following distance.

2002ford

I am glad I did it. So far I have drove it around the block twice. It was 3 qrts low on tranny fluid. It shifts good and drives straight. I have to work on the brake lights. They are stuck on when you turn the the switch to power the lights. Souldnt be to hard to fix. The other three tires are so dry rotted they need replaced before a good shakedown run can be done. Thanks everyone.

indy4x4fab

Banned

2002ford

I hope to go to the GA rally this October. I have to see how thingswork out. As far as the tire, If you or some comes and gets it you can have it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may need to check the diode on the flashers for the brakelight issue.

Skinny

Sounds like usual stuff. I had a bunch of bad bulbs which did some really funky stuff. Do yourself a favor and park it. Take some time and just go from one end to the other. Clean all electrical parts, replace bulbs with all brand new stuff. New batteries, rebuild alternators, etc. You will be very happy compaired to fixing one problem at a time. It gets so frustrating fixing one thing then tomorrow another problem comes up. I have a low mileage M1031 and I just bit the bullet and did a new style filter along with a new IP. Not to mention the GP's. Knock on wood, starts like a new truck everytime.

M1010's rock, looking forward to a good build thread!!!