• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 sp-97 California DMV

rreng

Hi, I'm a new guy and just picked a M101A1 from the DRMO/GL. I looked at the forms section to request a SP-97 on this trailer. The data plate on the trailer gives a manufacturer's # of 44893, but the DRMO stickers give this # and another # 008986779 (the printing is bad on each sticker on the trailer, but it looks as if it might be VIN or SN in front of this longer #). Since the only permanent # on the trailer is 44893, is this the VIN required for the SP-97? Also manufacturer is blank and so is the year. Any help or suggetsions as to what to put on their request form would help.

Also, in California, is a SP-97 necessary or will a verification of the data plate by DMV/CHP along with the GL signed invoice work?

Thanks again.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can't help you with the information you're looking for, but I'd like to point out a minor error in your post. There's no such thing as an SP-97. It's an SF-97. "SF" is the abbreviation for "Standard Form."