• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 square u-bolts

mkitchell

Does anybody know where to find the square ubolts that fasten the springs to the axle?
I was told that M37 ubolts were the same, but they aren't working (too big around).
Anyonw know where I can find these? I believe they are 1/2" bolt x 2" inside measurement x 7-8" long.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You can have any spring shop make up a set, or stop in at Peterbuilt. They have a huge selection of U-bolts.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of Towns will have a place like "Trailer Craft/Trailer supply. They will have U-bolts of various sizese they deal with. Otherwise, have them made. Use a generous application of never sieze. I like to leave a minimum amount of bolt thread extending byond the nut. It gets rock blasted and makes it difficult to impossible to remove the U-bolt nuts later.

Lee in Alaska