• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1 Trailer + Rivian tow rig

often.05.barter

steelsoldiers - 1.jpegsteelsoldiers - 2.jpegsteelsoldiers - 3.jpegsteelsoldiers - 4.jpeg
Hi everyone,
I’ve been joking with my wife about starting a trailer park. I initially bought a Bantam T3c and used it for a few weeks, but then decided to look for an M101 since they’re larger and easier to use with my vehicle.
I found a nice M101 just 30 minutes away. The previous owner added a truck bed folding top, diamond plating, and painted it. I’m currently gathering parts to add a Dexter 3500 axle and 5x5.5 hubs so I can have a matching set of wheels for spares and take it camping. When it’s not on an adventure, I’ll use it as a truck bed.
Does anyone have recommendations for shocks to use with the 3500 axle?
Here are the specs for Rivian wheels:
  • Weight: 88 lbs (with tires mounted)
  • Size: 20x8.5
  • Offset: +48mm
  • Bolt pattern: 5 x 5.5
  • Hub Bore: 64.1mm
I’m really grateful to have found this community with so much great information about these trailers.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good score.
You can do a lot with that trailer.

Not sure about shocks
You will have to measure with the new axles installed to see what your options are and your intended use.

Rancho and Bilstein for heavy work.
Monroe or whatever if road use only.

often.05.barter

Undoing previous owners custom truck bed cover and front flap. Part of me wants to rip it all out and start with a clean slate, but I’ll attack the rust, silicone seal and reattach everything back in hopes to make it water tight.

IMG_8115.jpeg