• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Lights for Dummies

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, the quiet lasted about 15 minutes and then the screwdrivers and F-bombs started flying!! :-x:-x:-x:-x:-xThe electrically challenged is in full effect. Here's what I have.

1. To start, the bulb I pulled out has two nipples that are even. The replacement 12v bulbs are offset and won't fit in the holder. Wrong bulb?

2. I have a 4 prong flat harness going back to the trailer. Wire colors are:
White, Green, Yellow, Brown and a Black. Is the black same as a Brown? if so, I'll grab a new one if it helps my stress level. I count 5 colors there. Thats a 5 flat for use with cars that have seperate brake and turn signals.

3. Wires on the trailer do not match some of those you sent. Here's what's on it.
- 22- 460 Green Wire
- 22-461 Yellow Wire
- 21 Brown Wire
- 24-463
- 24- 464

my screwdriver thanks you as do my neighbors.....
See above in living color. The white wire in the 4 flat needs to be grounded to the trailer chassis. Offset tabs on the bulb? Sounds like an 1157 not an 1156. The 1156 and 97 are the correct bulbs, I've used them dozens of times. You can use a 1003 bulb for a running light too but it's just too bright in my opinion. Later, as funds allow, look into the LED lights, they work great at both voltages. If your light housings are metal, use a dab of antiseize on the screws when you re-assemble. If the connectors fight you it should be a 30 minute job, if they don't, 10 minutes.

Last edited:

EnteJager

See above in living color. The white wire in the 4 flat needs to be grounded to the trailer chassis. Offset tabs on the bulb? Sounds like an 1157 not an 1156. The 1156 and 97 are the correct bulbs, I've used them dozens of times. You can use a 1003 bulb for a running light too but it's just too bright in my opinion. Later, as funds allow, look into the LED lights, they work great at both voltages. If your light housings are metal, use a dab of antiseize on the screws when you re-assemble. If the connectors fight you it should be a 30 minute job, if they don't, 10 minutes.

Are you talking about the 24 volt .mil new style LED lights?
Thanks,
DD

Guys, the quiet lasted about 15 minutes and then the screwdrivers and F-bombs started flying!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:The electrically challenged is in full effect. Here's what I have.

1. To start, the bulb I pulled out has two nipples that are even. The replacement 12v bulbs are offset and won't fit in the holder. Wrong bulb?

What bulb and what replacement number?

kweb

Lights working... no problem

Just got my lights working... this thread is the shiznit. Just took off the metal plate, bought a cheap 4 flat trailer adapter and some bullet fittings from autozone... hooked them up and put the plate back on. This is the easiest and cheapest way to go ($15) as long as you don't want to use the military adapter at the same time as your four flat....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks