• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a2 looking for stuff to complete

41cl8m5

I have a M101a2 that I won from GL but by the time I was able to retreve it someone removed the rear lifting shackles (2ea), I've been looking everywhere with no luck. They are the extra large bow type.
Hopfully someone here can help me out.

the atachment shows the ones on the front.

I'm also looking for racks. Same deal, I know shipping of the racks would be out of this world if not close, so I was thinking if I could find just the metal parts I might be able to finish with wood locally. After reading other posts, I think ether the M101 or the M105 ones would work. If I'm miss informed I'm sure Someone will corect me.

Thanks
p.s. I hope this post works, This is the first time I have started one here on SS.

Attachments

41cl8m5

drgreg,
thanks for the reply

I also have a M1009 and the cucv ones i think use a bigger pin and are close to the diameter but look to be a little thicker.

I'm trying to make the trailer as completely origanal as I can. Finding out that its a PITA to do.

Anyway
There's about 22" of snow here right now (real busy digging out) I beleive the dimension from the inner edge of the pin to the inner edge of the "bow" is about 5 1/4" the bow is quite large for a 3/4" bolt (pin), the opening for the pin is about 1 3/16". Its a zero common item, only made for the US military trailers from my research. The same ones are used on the M101a2, M101a3 and the new replacement trailer I think its M1101.

I know someone who's business is to find the hard to find and he told me the manufacture will take an order but he had to be a US military or cert. US Goverment Contracter and the minimum is 1000 pieces. Only need 2 and he's not afiliated with the man. so, no go there.

NMC_EXP

I have a complete set of M101 3/4 ton trailer racks and bows. The wood is in good condition. All metal parts are present and in good condition. All it needs is paint and a cargo cover.

I sold the trailer to my brother but he did not want the racks and bows.

The set is located in Canon City CO.

I was going to sell this on Ebay but since its in your backyard maybe we can work something out.

Regards

Jim

41cl8m5

Well I got a pair of shackles from Maplehillfrm.
Great guy to deal with.
Thanks

Still looking for the rack pieces... anyone.....

NMC_EXP

Well I got a pair of shackles from Maplehillfrm.
Great guy to deal with.
Thanks

Still looking for the rack pieces... anyone.....
I have a complete set of M101 racks and bows in very good, servicible condition. Located in Canon City CO.

Send a PM if you're interested.

Regards,

Jim

41cl8m5

Jim (NMC_EXP),

It was great meeting with you and your wife on Wendsday. Thank you for selling the rack and bow set. Now I've got every thing I need to finish this project. l hope you have a uneventfull trip back.

Chris

NMC_EXP

Chris

We arrived back in the flatlands today. It sure is colder with more snow here than it was in Canon City.

We enjoyed meeting you and your family. I'm glad the racks & bows will be put to good use.

Best regards

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks