• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Lunette Swing Bushings for Surge Brakes

CJ5inFourWheelDrive

Does anyone know what size bushings the swing arms take on the lunette and surge brake housings? I noticed I'm without a few and it may have been a contributing factor to my emergency actuator lever woes.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toledo / Balcrank surge parts for M101a2/3

Typically a weak shock inside causes the jittering or activation of the brakes. Many threads on this. It is a special shock only available at trailer parts dealers. Croft trailer has both the shocks and bushings. It is a Toledo / Balcrank surge assembly. I am sure others also sell the parts.

Try:

https://www.crofttrailer.com/toledo-surge-brake-actuator-parts/?sort=featured&page=1

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't remember the breakaway lever having bushings, just a bolt through it. The long flat bars have a bushing (they call it a bearing) on each pivot bolt/shaft going across. Croft does sell the lever also if yours is too bent. I have enclosed a pdf on the unit with a picture of the parts breakout. Croft also has a small pic on the website link I sent you.

Good luck on your repair.

Juan

Attachments