• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 Master Cylinder Info

1956_4x4

After going through all kinds of threads on these units I've found that a master cylinder out of an early 60's Jeep should be the same as the one used on the M101A2 trailers. Most of the parts store employees couldn't find their *ss with both hands since it's not listed by make/model/year in their computer these days. Does anyone happen to know exactly what model/year Jeep I should ask for when ordering a new master cylinder?

Thanks,

Smitty

1956_4x4

I'd call these guys. www.schuttindustries.com They will know exactly what you need, and probably sell it to you also...
Will do. I have changed a lot of these in the military because they tend to get water inside. The master cylinder that I pulled off the trailer looked new on the outside, but was full of water and rust. I'd like to get one with a lifetime warranty from a local parts store if possible.

Smitty

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm winging it here but you might try a Jeep MC that is of the vintage for when the trailer was spec'ed. I don't know when that was but it might be a good place to start.

Rick

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a Master cyl. at Napa auto last year.
# UP2796, and a rebuild kit is # UP137, but if its to rusted, then a new one should be first choice.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't really say since I have not owned a CJ-5 but I read that the M101A2 M/C is the same and sure enough, the parts in the rebuild kit are dead on the same.

1956_4x4

I picked up a master cylinder for a 1965 Jeep and it's the exact replacement for the master cylinder on the trailer. This one happens to be made by Wagner and cost under $45 including tax. The part number is MC2796. It says that it was "Made in USA", but you can never be sure these days with all of the reboxing that goes in the automotive parts business...

Now I just need to find the time to check the lines and wheel cylinders before I install it.

Smitty

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to find the fluid fitting and banjo bolt for that M/C. I tried Croft trailers but they want $49.00 for the two parts. Pretty steep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks