• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 pick up questions

lhofeld

Ok my EUC went through to pick up my first M101A2 trailer and I go to get it tomorrow. I have a couple of questions I cannot find answers to. What size are the lug nuts on the tires and how much extra chain do I need for the safety chains? I have lights, zip ties, a 3/8X5" ball lock pin and I will be taking silicon break fluid. I attached my pintle hook to my adapter plate and have 23" of clearance so the trailer should pull level. The tires look good and I am taking a air tank to make sure they are inflated properly before I drive off. Anything else I am missing?

blybrook

My A2 uses a 13/16 wrench on the lugs (9/16" threading). I personally use an additional 2' of chain for extra length, but you can easily get away with about 18" per side. The nice thing about having extra chain is that you can twist it to get shorter lengths.

Check the hubs after pulling it 10 miles to ensure you're not heating things up. Also ensure you've disabled the parking brakes before taking off and that the tires spin smoothly.

Enjoy the purchase!

hwcurtice

Not sure about OK for trip permits for plates, but if you need one, I'd have it on hand.

Also, DL, proof of insurance and current registration, if going on a base. BTW check the expiration date of your registration.

storeman

i picked up 2 trailers past 2 weeks. the one this morning was a mep003 on a 116a2. in both cases i was able to hook the chain hooks together and drape them behind the mounting plate for the pintle hitch. changed out the bulbs to 12 volt and aired the tires. today's haul was 440 miles from ft jackson, sc home to VA. couldn't have been smoother. no permit, just bill of sale. cops took no interest in me.:beer:

lhofeld

Well picked it up and made it home with out any issues except me forgetting to tie down the air tank and it rolled around in the bed of my truck and caused a short stop.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Make sure there are no notches showing on the brake-away paw, that it is all the way down.

I'm heading up to pick up some trailers and this thread has some great information

Quick Question - is the Lug Nut used for the M101A2 Trailer Wheels the same lug nut used as the CUCV / K2500 GM pick up?

BIGGERHAMMERTX

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks