• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 roof bow pockets

sperduton

I'm new to these trailers and I have a M101a2 with the wood sides and canvas roof. The roof bows sit into pockets on the side of the rails. I need a couple more of those pockets. Any idea where to get them or what exactly they are called?
Thanks,
Nick

PS this trailer has been working perfect for what I wanted which was hauling firewood and 1 yard of stone at a time for yard work. I couldn't be happier.

sggoat

I may have a source for these(same guy I bought my 101a2 from). Let me check availability tomorrow.:D

sggoat

Wasn't home today, but left msg. Hopefully will contact Tues.
When you say "on the correct screw" what exactly do you mean?

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM joediveguy, he has some he snagged off some junker M101A1 trailers, I think they are the same as what you need.

sggoat

Still no comm from the guy who may have the bow holders. will send as soon as I have a confirmation.
As of today, still no return call from the source--he may be in Va. I'm going to check w/his brother Tues.

Last edited:

sggoat

Just talked with the guy who has the trailers. He does not have any spare bow pockets, only the ones that are on the trailers. He's not willing to part them off the existing trailers. Sorry
Gary

sggoat

By the way, I was missing one of the pockets for mine too. I thought I might be able to talk him out of a few, one for me and some for you, but, he wanted to keep his trailers intact---so.. I made one. You can use 1 1/4" aluminum tube and cut it to fit, or stainless. Cut the tube 1/2" longer than the other pockets. Cut a 1/2" section off the tube from the outside in, including the sides. Don't cut through the back.(you can let the saw score the tube a little to get the line you need for the file later) Notch out about 1/4" of each side of the back to leave a 1/2" tab at the bottom. Score the inside of this tab along a line equal to the sides-(or use your saw mark)-use a small triangular file to create the fillet for the bend. Bend the tab in to create the bottom support for the bow.(if you use aluminum, go slow with the bend--heat helps) Clean everything up with a file and paint. Takes ~ an hour to make this(I used stainless, so it took a little longer)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks