• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 - Towing Lunette Size / Thickness

EDITED - I found an answer on a Previous Thread on Steel Soldiers.

Said that Lunette is 1.62" Which I hope is right!

Thanks!

CLOSED

Hey All,

I'm the lucky new owner of a M101A2 Trailer from auction.

I'm heading up to pick it up, and I have a Quickie Question about the size of the towing Lunette.

How "THICK" is the lunette? I've ordered a Pintel Hitch off Amazon, but have found a possible option locally at harbor freight for a Clevis Trailer Pin Mount. It has a 2" gap, and you supply a 1" bolt as the Post" for the lunette. I'm sure that a dedicated hitch is 1000% better,but for a short term tow of an unloaded trailer, I'm trying to figure if this will work.

Thank You for any insight or experience!

BIGGER_HAMMER / biggerhammertx@gmail.com

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't remember the thickness off hand but anything from tractor supply or most anything name brand from Amazon will work for the M101A2. I've not tried the Harbor Freight personally.. Source: Sold 50 M101 trailers over the years. Feel free to pm me the link to what you bought and I'll check against my records of what I've had before.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
EDITED - I found an answer on a Previous Thread on Steel Soldiers.

Said that Lunette is 1.62" Which I hope is right!

Thanks!

CLOSED

Hey All,

I'm the lucky new owner of a M101A2 Trailer from auction.

I'm heading up to pick it up, and I have a Quickie Question about the size of the towing Lunette.

How "THICK" is the lunette? I've ordered a Pintel Hitch off Amazon, but have found a possible option locally at harbor freight for a Clevis Trailer Pin Mount. It has a 2" gap, and you supply a 1" bolt as the Post" for the lunette. I'm sure that a dedicated hitch is 1000% better,but for a short term tow of an unloaded trailer, I'm trying to figure if this will work.

Thank You for any insight or experience!

BIGGER_HAMMER / biggerhammertx@gmail.com
I make hitches for your pickup that will tow the trailers at level height. See my classified ad.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks