• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 trailer tires and wheels.

DUECE-COUPE

I know a bunch of you are asking "why did he post this here"? I have a blazer, and want to tow a m101a2 trailer with it, but do not want to have to haul around a spare for the trailer that will not fit the blazer. I do not want to do an axle swap on the blazer to m1008 axles, and just want to know if there is any adapter plates out there that will allow me to go from an 8 bolt lug pattern to a 6 bolt blazer pattern.

3dAngus

Not that I know of, yet, but if you contact peashooter, he can probably make up a batch of em. He made me some nice adapters for my 395s to fit on a deuce, from ten bolt to six bolt.

You could probably swap hubs on the blazer instead of axles (assuming that you have a D44 up front). I don't think they made an 8lug 10 bolt rear though, so you may still have to swap the rear axle to a 14 bolt. If you do any kind of offroading, swapping in the M1008 axles would be a much better bet tho. It'd help a lot with towing too.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seems like a lot of work for no return. You could swap in a civy 6 lug axle to the trailer.

DUECE-COUPE

I think an axle swap on the trailer would be the best course of action. I will see if i can find adapters first, and then go with the sencond option if that fails

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the practical options have been covered. The adapters posted above may equal or exceed to cost of a replacement axle for your trailer. The replacement axle if ordered with brakes would obviously be more. Look in detail at the other option, the truck axles. What do you use the Oh9 for? Are you happy with it's performance? How much weight do you plan on hauling? The 6.2/ 400 Turbo combined with the 3.08 gears equals pretty anemic performance. If you need that little extra oomph, consider 3.73 gears. The 14 bolt rear out of a 73-87 3/4 ton is a bolt in ordeal. Many of these around and a savvy shopper rarely pays more than $200 for one. The front axle can be regeared to match or again, a replacement can be found on a budget. The ends can easily be converted to 8 lug. The 10 bolt rear is fine for casual use but doesn't hold up well to real work. The other advantage with the 3/4 ton stuff is bigger brakes and heavy ply tires. Worth considering.

quickfarms

One option that has not been mentioned it to have the existing brake drums/ hubs redrilled for the 6 lug pattern if the center diameter will work. A lot of the hot rod and jeep guys do this.

peashooter

If you decide on the custom adapter route for this you might want to give Kyle at blackrockfab.com a call (member blackrock). He would be able to do 2 custom adapters cheaper and faster than i would since he has his own plasma table in house. I'd need to make 10 or more before I would start being cheaper with the laser. Best of luck with whatever route you choose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks