• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 trailer wiring connector

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to wire a military receptacle on my pickup truck to connect the plug on the M101A2. I have the wiring information but need the receptacle and cover. I believe it is an M Series. Anyone know what receptacle I should get and a possible source.

Thanks,

Truckie

The connector has solder cup connections;
I made a license plate holder with a night bulb (24 Volt bulb) to have the trailer meet the NH inspection requirements. I used the military connectors with a 2-1 connection so I can remove it ( if I take it to a show)
I have been using the 24 Volt bulbs with my silverado and they are visible... 12 Volt will be brighter...

Nonotagain

I recently had to perform a lighting up grade to one of my M105A3 trailers in order to get thru inspection.

The state inspector insisited that the trailer had to meet current lighting standards. Since the trailer is wider than 80 inches i was also required to install clearance lights on the fenders.

I purchased some Optronics LED lights due to the low amperage requirments of the lights.

If some manages to run into the trailer with as lit up as it is now, they would have to be blind.

I also used the same connector shown in the pictures, but I also used the light kit wiring for the new lights, then wrapped everything in silicone splicing tape for water proofing.