• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2s recovered from OKC.

ammodude

Great recovery of three M101A2s from OKC. It all started with a short seven day EUC clearance. Chris (GL) expertly loaded two on a 16 foot trailer and we pulled the other with a separate truck.

We celebrated :beer: with a victory lunch at Cattlemen's Steakhouse , then worked the lunch off after an old tire :cry: on the flat bed threw the tread before Shawnee.

cjk3500

How did the 2 fit on the trailer? Any pics? I have to pick up 4 M101A3s and was trying to decide if I should try to stack them all on my 16' trailer or make two trips with a stack of 2 at a time.

Congrats on the recovery ... Too bad about the tire. I'm hoping to put new tires on my flatbed trailer before I go to pick them up.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great recovery of three M101A2s from OKC. It all started with a short seven day EUC clearance. Chris (GL) expertly loaded two on a 16 foot trailer and we pulled the other with a separate truck.

We celebrated :beer: with a victory lunch at Cattlemen's Steakhouse , then worked the lunch off after an old tire :cry: on the flat bed threw the tread before Shawnee.

And you didn't invite me to lunch???? I see how you are......................:razz:

Glad you have a successful recovery.

ammodude

It was a short notice recovery. The EUC cleared Thursday afternoon, I called and talked to Cindy a bit about a quick pick up if I could get the trailer. I have pictures but can get them to load for some reason (operator headspace:cookoo:).

M101A2s backed on (front trailer with wheels to front rail) (wide turns only :roll:!!!!) tongues dropped.

You'll get Cattlemen's [thumbzup] when we relocate :driver: the M373.

Where are your trailers?

Last edited:

ammodude

:driver: Glad you had a good one! How do they look? :driver:

Two very nice, almost new covers, good tires, good bows. One kind of rough, no cover and okay bows. All have tie strap, that will be removed. All of the surge brake work.

I'm going to mount my 003A, welder and fuel tank in one. The M105 I have now is just to much for my needs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on a safe recovery. I'm glad to see so many Steel Soldiers members getting these trailers. In my opinion it's one of the most useful trailers to own. I'll have to add that as much as I love my M101A3 with the extra space between the inner fenders, I'd like to add an M101A2 and lose one of the M105s.

Last edited: