• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 axle tube hard brake lines....

Sierra51

Ok then, I have an A3 axle that I would like to put under my M101A2 trailer....the axle tube hard brake lines were trashed (hard hit dings and rusted)....so I removed them with the idea of replacing them....I looked up the brake line diagrams in the TM and called InlineTube to see if and how much it would be to get a left and right made up....how well did that work out?....not too good....the gentleman I spoke with said the cost from making the lines up form the diagrams would be cost prohibitive....the obvious reason being they have not heard of a demand or market for replacement brake lines for surplus military trailers....so before I make an attempt to bend up some, I figured I'd check here to see if there are any sources of pre-bent (new) or if a member had an A3 axle that had some decent lines on it but the axle is otherwise bad....and before I get cross fire about doing a search first....I have done that and unless I missed a "trailer brake line specific" I didn't find anything....rubber flex lines on Deuces didn't quite fill the quest....thanks....

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on what's already been said. I have an M116A2 trailer which is the same thing. I replaced most of the brake lines with lines from one of the parts stores. They come pre-made in many straight lengths and are inexpensive. I can't remember where I got them, but I know it wasn't NAPA. Make sure you get the correct ends or they won't screw together. A $25.00 tubing bender is very easy to use and you will get professional looking results. I do remember the lines I bought were already painted OD green, close to 383 green.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks