• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 export to Canada

Simeonr

Hi all, I'm new to Steel Soldiers. This is a great site !

I am a Canadian in Vancouver, BC. I am looking into purchasing a M101A3 trailer from a private US citizen. Is there likely to be any issue with me exporting this from the US to Canada? I have read a bit about DMIL codes and End User Agreements. How do I find out if this trailer is subject to these? Appreciate any advice? thanks

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, and welcome!

I have little information for you but I do know that the folks at the Idaho Motor Pool can and do ship to Canada. You may consider calling them for information, though I don't know how forthcoming they would be with help and time spent if you aren't purchasing from them.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the seller is the original purchaser of the trailer from the government you should be asking him if he had to fill out an EUC. Some trailers sold with EUCs and many did not. I would think you could pull it across the boarder if you had it pre-registered/tagged with Canadian plates and it had no EUC, but I could be wrong. Good luck.

DeadParrot

My M101A1 required a EUC. My M1101 did not. I don't think any sane person has figured out the exact reason some items require EUC and others don't. Keep in mind that the EUC applies not only to the original civilian buyer but to all subsequent buyers as well. Section III Item 4 on my EUC spells this out. Be sure to ask any prospective seller about the EUC status of the trailer in question.

Your local Motor Vehicle authority may know the answer to your question or a local Military Vehicle group may have a good answer on who to contact.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks