• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 Hub Conversoin Question - Spacers or No spacers...........

Cook4794

Alright Gents, and Ladies.

Here is my situation.

I own a 2014 Duramax, for those who know, The 2014 Duramax has a 8x180 MM off set for the rims.. For some reason, chevy decided to change this in..2011.

My M101A3 Has the 8x6.5 Offset rims.

I do not plan to run 35s, or super bling wheels. I'm wanting to just run 2 "spare tire style" on my trailer. Ultimately to be able to utilize the same rims for my truck, and trailer in the case of something happening.

Now, I've done some research on converting the hubs to match my duramax, I've come up with little answers, or info if anyone has done it. I would RATHER not dump a bunch of money into a new axle and what not to make this work. I got the trailer for cheap and I've put a bit of money into sandblasting, and painting this thing to look new. I've replaced the wheel bearings, hand brakes, and surge brake. I would like to keep this thing as original as I can. Because I like it the way it is. I also like the 1.5 ton axle that's on my trailer.

Is or HAS anyone used spacers on these trailers in the past? What do or did you think about them. I have yet to haul 1.5 tons in the trailer, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't. I do load it up with hunting gear and at times wood/gravel.

I've never ran spacers or aftermarket style offset rims/tires. I'm a simpleton like that.

I've read that at times the spacers and become loose, or cause a not so great effect on the wheel bearings due to the 1.5-2inch change of the wheels.

I would love if their was a simple HUB conversion that I could just buy new hubs. But i'm guessing that doesn't exist. I do have tools for a mill/lathe/drill press. But....I don't want to start drilling new holes.

What are your ideas/comments?